Monthy favorites #1: March 2016

06:53

Hello little sunshines!

How was your week? Is the sun starting to shine for you too? I don't know what you think, but I am 100% ready for Spring!
Today I am starting a new series of posts on my blog: Monthly favorites. Honestly, yes you will always have tarot, tea and books there, but also some other things that I loved during the month and wanted to share with you!

Let's start with tarot! Or well, Oracle. Because this month, my little baby, the one I love to use again and again is the Wisdom of the Oracle, by Colette Baron-Reid.

There is something about these cards.. so.. whimsical!! A bit like if you were landing in a place of dreams. I keep discovering new ones that I love every time I shuffle the deck. And the art!! A mix of photography and painting.. just gorgeous!I can't compliment enough this oracle <3
The booklet itself is very complete, offering different types of interpretation for each cards,such as protection, prosperity or relationship. Because of that, you can ask pretty much everything! From general questions; to relationship guidance.

While we are still into cards, there is one that I felt really drawn to this month, and that appeared A LOT in the relationship readings I did through the weeks: the Ace of Cups, especially the one from the Mucha Tarot by Lo Scarabeo.
                   
This card is just gorgeous, actually, it's the one that made me lust for this deck. The symbolism is very powerful and clear: water pouring out of a golden cup. Just like emotions in ourselves wanting to be expressed fully, waking up our soul and heart.

Now let's move on to the teas! I drink a lot of different ones (except my morning mint green tea) and it was hard to choose. But this month, my favorite was the Chocolate Chili Chai from DavidsTea.


The name says pretty much all of it: a base of black tea, with chai spices. And in addition some chili and chocolate chips! Really deeeelicious, especially in latte (have you ever tried tea in a latte? totally worth it!)

As for the books, I have read quite a lot this month, but I think my favorite were The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, a retelling of the 1001 nights, a bit more modern and with a kick-ass woman. Which is also something we find in Fire by Kristin Cashore : a strong female hero, and a little slice of "magic". And in both, a love story of course! But I really appreciated that it was not the only central point of the story. No, the characters there were more than just "lovers", there was a lot of plotting and mysteries revealed slowly all through the books. I couldn't stop reading til the very last line!


And finally, this month, we have a "beauty" section with my discovery of Essie's nail polish, thanks to my dear friend thewildwoodwoman.

As you can see, I am all about pastels at the moment, and these nail polishes were right on spot! They last quite well on the nails and the colors are really beautiful. Perfect for the spring!


What were your favorite things this month? what did you really like or use?

With love <3
Elyssa


Disclamer: all the products presented here are producted I tested I love, I do not have any partnership with the brands above, and this is just my honest (and enthousiastic) opinion!


You Might Also Like

2 commentaires

  1. Ahh, I LOVE Essie nail polish! Their color "Mint Candy Apple" is exactly the color of my purse! <3 The Wisdom of the Oracle has been on my wishlist for a while... you make it look so pretty! I might have to get it soon!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I just checked the color and it's so sweet and perfect for thsi time of the year! I look for a pastel green (more green than the one I have).
      And yes you really really need the Wisdom of the Oracle ;) SOmeone mentionned it would work well with the Starchild tarot and I know you are a big fan of that one as well!

      Supprimer