Summer pleasures

13:16




Hello loves!

Summer is there, supposely at least!When I came back to the South of France, from Canada, I won't lie, I was hoping -counting- on having a warm weather. To be able to go to the beach, tan while reading a magazine enjoying the pool, eat outside. I don't know. I was expecting summer as it often is in the South. Well, should not have counted on that doll! Cause for now Summer is hidden by wind and clouds. With some extra rain. I am a bit disappointed, that's an understatement. BUT, I will not give up on my little Summer pleasures! There are things I basically only do during Summer, because it's the season, because I have more time, just because I want to! And this year, I wanted to share them with you!

1. My birthday

Silly start right? but well, my birthday is in July so of course it is something I look forward to. It is also my grandmother's birthday (on the same day), so it adds a bit of sparkle to the joy. Especially when we can be together. I will be honest right there: I love to receive presents and gifts. Not to sound spoiled but I do. To be fair, I love to offer them as well. Christmas, birthdays, no reason, I am a big fan of giving presents! So, I don't know, maybe for my birthday I am just happy to be on the receiving end? Or perhaps it's just the surprise of what I might be offered? (I do try really hard not to guess!)

2. Monoï


The smell of Monoï is something I always associate with Summer. Lucky me, my boyfriend bought me a bottle, with glitters nonetheless! So let me tell you that, sun or not sun, I apply Monoï everyday! And in my head, it's already as if I was resting on the most beautiful beach of the world <3 It is really a magical scent to me, and it becomes my only perfume during Summer. It brings me to tropical islands in a breath, makes me feel irresistible... and relax!

3. Reading in the pool
I know, I know, what a bad idea! Papers and water do not mix well together. But listen, I never had an incident doing that (at least one bad enough I can remember). And what a pleasure to read outside, bathing in fresh water while the Sun is so hot in the sky! Sometimes I even walk in the water at the same time, like to pretend I am doing sport this way haha.

4. Magazines

I used to read a lot more of magazines before, especially during breakfast, but I must confessed I stopped it. Why? First because a lot of them were carrying all these clichés about women, what we should or shouldn't do, etc. Got me sick. Second (and I feel ashamed), because of my computer. Because now I read articles online, or will watch Youtube videos. But, when I am at my grandparents, especially during summer, magazines come back into my life. Lately, I am quite fond of Happinez. I do not agree with all they say, but I love the vibe! and the aesthetics. Every morning, I start quietly my day reading a few pages about meditation techniques, chakras, love, faith, etc... that I will continue near the swimming pool!

5. Ice creams from Valras

(so sorry I did not took picture of that one cause they are AMAZING)
Valras is a beach in the South, lot of crowd during Summer, but where you can also find the best ice creams ever! There is this little ice cream store in front of the sea, and they have so many perfumes..... it's crazy. And let's not forget the quantity: when you order two balls, I think it would be like 4 or 5 in a restaurant, they are not measuring what they give, that's for sure! What could you ask for other than that? Delicious ice-cream, in great quantity, while walking alongside the shores?

6. Blue nail polishes
Yes, when summer comes, my toes will almost always be blue. Why? just because it makes me feel like a mermaid! Fills me with happiness and looks so good on a tanned skin! I do not know how many blue nail polishes I have, but I use them all! I do not get bored of blue during Summer, it is just the perfect match!

7. Eating under the Fig Tree

When I am at my grandparents, as soon as it is warm enough, we eat under this HUGE Fig Tree, where it's always cooler than the rest of the outside, thanks to the shadows of the branches. It is such a pleasure to eat there and talk, especially when we have guests! Relaxing and a little piece of haven when it's so hot elsewhere!

8. Pareos

I must spend  80% of my summer wearing these! They are so comfortable, light enough to let the few air we have refresh you, and you can shape them in so many ways! Whether it’s to stay inside or to go at the pool/beach wearing it on top o your swim suit, they are the perfect summer outfit for me! Of course, you can’t really walk down the street wearing them but other than that, when you stay home, they are really great! I guess it’s a family business as my mother is the same, she only wears that or almost ;)

Well, that's it for my little summer rituals or pleasures, but tell me, what are yours? The things you love to do, but only do during summer?

You Might Also Like

3 commentaires

  1. I would do the things I love year round if it was warm enough! (with the exception of the last one.)

    1. Wearing shorts and short sleeves or a tank top. They are so comfortable!
    2. Swimming! We open up our pool in the Summer, and it is really the only warm enough time to take a swim, lay on the deck, or work poolside.
    3. I am looking forward to having our wedding anniversary in the Summer next year!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. ah yes ,shorts and summer dresses <3<3 And the freedom you feel when you swim, it's unique!
      haha and every year after that You will have this anniversary :p another reason to look for summer!

      Supprimer
  2. Happy early birthday!! :D I have never heard of Monoï before but now I'm really curious about what it smells like, haha! Swimming is definitely only something I do during the summer! Also, sitting outside at restaurants and bars and such. Usually the wind/sun/bugs mean I'd rather stay inside, but during the summer I can't resist being outside at least a little! Lately I've also really been enjoying shopping for bathing suits... I was never confident enough to wear one before, but this year I'm having a lot of fun trying out different designs! <3

    RépondreSupprimer