Where my heart belongs... Traveling journal #1

06:59




Hello lovelies!


Long time, no see! Of course I just posted a little something on a Fairy Tale spread but well, that was not a very personal post, just something to help you wait a bit for a new post to come. Because yes, I have been absent for a little while; even if I try to post once a week, I could not keep up with that in May, simply because I spent all my life in planes or trains or cars!

First, I traveled from Canada to France, back for a couple of months to see my family. So then, it was all about visiting X, then Y, spending a few days at Z's, etc. Not a lot of rest, not a lot of time for myself. And then, I had to work on my Creative Spread Crafting class, for the Tarot Readers Summer School (if you haven't looked at it yes, do it!! It's really worth it and an exciting adventure!).

Before I realized it, it was May 21st. The day my partner and I took the plane to... IRELAND! (yes with capitals because Ireland always makes me feel excited! It is one of my favorite places to be!)

We stayed there for 12 days or so, 12 days of which I had the confirmation that Ireland was one of the places I could picture myself living in. The land, the people (and yes I could even get myself to accept the food), there is still magic in the air there. Maybe not in the big cities, yes, but there are so many paths to take into the woods or mountains, even in the Burren. I really rediscovered this area, covered of stones (karts limestone), but still full of life, plants I never heard of. 



 We visited a Smokehouse and tasted the best smoke salmon of our life (and this would be an argument to come live here by itself). We also went to a Perfumery where they were making a lot of perfumes of course, but also teas, beauty products, candles, all with natural ingredients you could find in the area.

We had the chance to walk around Connemara under the Sun (I got a sunburn, in IRELAND!), another magical place, even though more and more tourists are coming every year. I don't know why, but it is particularly French people who go there. If they have to do something in Ireland, it will be Connemara and nothing else. Why? I don't know... when there are so many other sublime areas to see.



For example, I discovered the South of the West Coast, for the first time (at least that I can remember), namely Mizen Head and Sheep's Head. One way road, with sheep in the middle, cliffs falling straight into the ocean, it was breath taking to be there. I would have wished to stay and never go. Ireland just always brings me a feeling of peace I do not feel in a lot of other places (that I may talk about here as well one day!). It is one of the countries I would see myself settling and creating my tea/tarot/books shop! (yes I still want it to happen one day!).

Well, now let's move to the shopping part! Because yes, I am just who I am and I am very sensitive to pretty things haha.
I got myself a wool scarf, made in Ireland, if it last as long as the one I bought 7 years ago in Scotland, it will be money well spent!
I also bought a little mug, because that's sort of a ritual, to bring a mug from everywhere I go, not really original but well!


And finally, we went to a Rock Shop and they had some great offers on crystals so I got myself an Opalite and a Moonstone, as well as a bag with a mix of different crystals (that I can already see a lot of uses for!!!!).



That's it, more than enough, especially when money is not flowing around. But it was the holidays, I wanted to enjoy it a bit you know?



Overall, it was really really great. It was my partner's first time in Ireland and I was really happy to see that the more the time was passing, the more he liked it! We purposely stayed out of big cities when we could, and focused on landscapes in the first place, and I really don't regret this decision. It was a breath of fresh air in our busy year, a moment of calm and peace, out of the worries (80% of the time), and I will cherish it <3





This is not a "real" traveling journal but I hope you liked this little overview of the journey, if you have any question about Ireland, I would love to help if I can. I've been there 4 times already, and I count on having a 5th!
Do you have a country/place that makes you feel like you belong? in peace?

With love <3

Elyssa

PS: here is the video I did about what I brought back from Ireland.

You Might Also Like

2 commentaires

  1. Great post! Ireland looks breathtaking and I can only imagine how much fun you had while spending a couple of weeks there. What I wouldn't give to roll around in a huge basin of stones like that! Haha!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you! It was truly breathtaking, and we were so lucky to have it sunny during all of our stay! If you had seen the entire crystal shop...

    RépondreSupprimer