Natural beauty, here I come

05:45






Hi beautifuls! 

          Another week almost over! And actually my last week in Canada for almost two months. I can't believe a year already passed since I first arrived here. And now, I am going back to France for a while, seeing my Love, family and friends. Trying to rest a bit (but probably more working on dozens of projects as usual) and reconnect with myself.
 Speaking of that, I have decided to try to use more and more natural products for my body: soaps, masks, etc, I am really motivated on getting the most natural I can get! Which of course made me think of Lush, quite a classic here (and I'll talk more about it in my monthly favorites). But also on other little independent makers, offering their products online. 
 Because of my tarot reader activity, I had the chance to make the encounter of Ashley and her little store Ashbees. First of, I had a crush for this name, it's lovely isn't it? Then I looked a bit deeper into her products and they really seemed appealing to me! And so, I offered her a partnership: she sent me some samples for me to try, in exchange of a honest review here. Which I am about to do :) 

 I had the chance to get two of her products: a salve and a lip balm, that I received by snailmail well protected in a safe envelope. 
The first thing I noticed was the care Ashley had put in the packaging and the containers. The products are placed into small round containers, perfectly clean and neat, with a little sticker on it with her shop name. I really loved how serious the work has been done here!
The general aspect of the products was great too, homogeneous, and without any imperfection. The containers were also completely full of products (which can sometimes be a problem, when you expect a certain quantity and end up with half of it).

Now let's move to the products themselves (and you can see on the picture bellow that I am happily using them!):




 The first one is the Orange lip balm (in the smallest container): the smell is amazing, real orange on your lips. The balm is not too liquid and you need to warm it up a bit to be able to apply it. When you put it on your lips, the sensation is really nice and soft. It was just hard not to lick my own lips because it smelled so good. I am a big fan of lip balms, my lips are so often dried,and just by using this one a few days I could already feel a difference! It was really incredible. Definitely a product I love here!

Second one is a Sleep Aid Salve. Just so you know, I  have a troubled sleep for years now, and I am looking for any natural way to make it better. So when I saw this Salve, I was immediately interested! The Salve came in quite a large container, a bit more liquid than the balm, but still easy to use and apply. And the smells!! Fantastic! Lavender and other herbs perfectly mixed together. I just regret there was not a full list of ingredients.
 I started by applying the salve right before going to bed, on my wrists, chest and nostrils. For the first nights, I did not notice a difference. Then, on the third night I think, even if I still woke up in the middle of the night and then went back at sleep to wake up at 6, at least, my sleep was peaceful, no nightmares! And two nights after, I had the surprise to sleep a complete night! From 11 PM to 6:30 AM the next day. I know it's still early, but for me it was a huge progress! Then again, the night after, I was able to go back to sleep after waking up at 6. And it has been the same today. Something I was not able to do before. 
So even if it's on the little thing, I can really see a difference on my sleep quality... and so on the quality of my day after that! 
I will definitely use this product til the very end of it and keep recording my progresses!
The only problem with this one is that the smells vanish fast, in a few minutes (this is why I apply it right before sleep and at the entrance of my nostrils, and it works very well like that).

Overall, I would give a 8/10 to Ashbees, because her products are definitely quality ones, her packaging was really nice. There were just some information missing that I would have liked to see: the detailed ingredients, an expiration date.

If you look for cheap (because they are REALLY cheap) but good quality products that are also natural and handmade, why not give a try to Ashbees's ones? It is really worth the try!

I will continue looking for more natural products stores around for sure! Is there any you go to? Let me know!

Elyssa

Disclaimer: these products have been sent to me in exchange to a honest review, which is exactly what I did.
If you are interested in a partnership, send me a message at: abohemianmoon@gmail.com*

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires